Fortify Rights works to ensure human rights for all. We investigate human rights violations, engage people with power, and strengthen the work of human rights defenders and affected communities. We believe in the influence of evidence-based research, the power of strategic truth telling, and the importance of working in close collaboration with individuals, communities, and movements pushing for change. Fortify Rights is an independent, nonprofit organization based in Southeast Asia.
The Operations Associate provides strategic operational support to the Fortify Rights team and our workspaces. This position works closely with Fortify Rights’s Operations Specialist to maximize the impact and efficiency of Fortify Rights’s activities and operations. The Operations Associate is also responsible for facilitating registration processes, government reporting, visa applications, and providing administrative and other support to Fortify Rights team members. The Operations Associate receives direct support from the Operations Specialist.
- Serve as a contact point for internal and external organizational communications and appropriately process and/or respond to incoming inquiries.
- Ensure compliance with registration requirements. Create and submit to appropriate agencies annual reports, regulation change requests, and other related documents as required to maintain the good standing of Fortify Rights.
- Support the development and maintenance of a shared workspace and event venue in coordination with Fortify Rights team members.
- Support the logistics and administrative implementation of activities by Fortify Rights members and our partners, such as exhibitions, press conferences, report launches, and other related activities.
- Provide human resource support to the Fortify Rights team, including facilitating recruitment processes, payroll and payment requests, necessary visas, work permits, and other documentation.
- Provide financial management support to ensure all payments are provided on a timely and accurate basis, and maintain financial tracking processes, including annual audits, account closings, monthly and annual tax filings.
- Manage and maintain assets and ensure Fortify Rights workspaces and its assets are in good working condition.
- Support the Operations Specialist in providing day-to-day support to Fortify Rights’s team members, such as scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, booking venues, preparing and taking minutes at meetings, creating and maintaining filing systems, making purchase of assets, and responding to requests for information.
- Carry out other duties as requested.
- Degree in relevant fields or comparable experience.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience in a multi-ethnic team.
- Sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English and Thai required. Additional language skills preferred. Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Thai nationals preferred.