Fortify Rights works to ensure human rights for all. We investigate human rights violations, engage people with power, and strengthen the work of human rights defenders and affected communities. We believe in the influence of evidence-based research, the power of strategic truth telling, and the importance of working in close collaboration with individuals, communities, and movements pushing for change. Fortify Rights is an independent, nonprofit organization based in Southeast Asia and registered in the United States and Switzerland.
The Learning Associate supports the team in understanding the effectiveness of Fortify Rights’ strategies with a view towards maximizing human rights impacts. In coordination with relevant team members, the Learning Associate supports the development and management of systems, tools, and studies to capture learnings and improve the effectiveness of Fortify Rights’ activities. The Learning Associate is responsible for monitoring, tracking, and reporting on the outcomes and impacts of Fortify Rights’ activities and outputs through Fortify Rights’ impact database. The Learning Associate also supports the production of quality, comprehensive, and accurate material for donors and prospective donors. The Learning Associate is an integral member of Fortify Rights’ growing team with technical expertise to maximize and scale the organization’s impact.
- Provide overall management to Fortify Rights’ impact monitoring and learning systems.
- With support from the executive team and relevant team members, lead the process of developing systems and tools to capture learnings as well as evaluate and assess the effectiveness of Fortify Rights’ activities. Manage and maintain these and existing systems and tools.
- Identify and maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information on Fortify Rights’ strategic activities, outputs, outcomes, and impacts. Support Human Rights Specialists and other relevant team members in reporting relevant information. Give internal presentations and produce weekly and quarterly impact monitoring reports for team members.
- Support the development and management of Fortify Rights’ media library to ensure impact-related media is properly archived and tagged for easy retrieval.
- Support the routine maintenance of Fortify Rights’ contact list effectiveness of our outreach.
- Track and input relevant qualitative and quantitative data into internal systems.
- Coordinate and support in-house and external independent evaluations of Fortify Rights’ programs and operations. Oversee Fortify Rights’s feedback collection processes and support internal review sessions.
- Support the production of quality, comprehensive, and accurate material for donors and prospective donors. Provide necessary qualitative and quantitative data on Fortify Rights’ strategic activities, outputs, and impacts to support the development of grant proposals, grant renewals, fundraising materials, and other material. Identify appropriate impact-related media to support the production of donor-related materials.
- Develop a sound understanding of Fortify Rights’ work and projects to be able to professionally represent the organization.
- Work closely in collaboration with the Fortify Rights team to constructively build the organization, support its expansion, streamline its systems, and ensure its sustainability.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- A degree in relevant fields and/or at least two years of monitoring and evaluation work experience.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations in Asia.
- Familiarity with human rights issues, preferably within the context of Asia.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to self-manage and work efficiently in a fast-paced but flexible environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience in a multi-ethnic team.
- Sound judgment and ability to take initiative.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluency in written and verbal English required. Additional language skills preferred.
- Applicants from Asia preferred.
- Data science, data analytics, and/or data visualization experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Airtable, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft BI, and/or other monitoring, evaluation, and learning tools preferred.